SF-Y: the new relay family with forcibly guided contacts15.07.2012
For over 20 years, Panasonic's SF2D, SF3, SF4D and SFN4D relay series have enjoyed unparalleled success. You can find SF relays with forcibly guided contacts in countless safety-related applications of almost all well-known manufacturers.
The new SF-Y relay family is now being introduced to continue or even surpass the success enjoyed by its predecessors. With a strong, polarized rotating armature to drive the system, massive contacts with high-quality contact pills and a design that requires up to 40% less space compared to the current SF relays, the SF-Y series possesses all the characteristics necessary to meet the stringent demands of the automation market.
Overview of the most important technical features:
- 4-pin type with the contact arrangements 2 NO and 2 NC (2a2b) or 3 NO and 1 NC (3a1b); dimensions L=31.0mm x W=28.6mm x H=14.5mm
- 6-pin type with the contact arrangements 4 NO and 2 NC (4a2b) or 5 NO and 1 NC (5a1b); dimensions L=39.0mm x W=28.6mm x H=14.5mm
- Forcibly guided contacts according to EN50205, Type A
- Nominal switching current 6A
- Max. switching voltage 250VAC, 30VDC
- Reinforced insulation between all contacts, 5.5mm clearance and creepage distance
- Coil voltages available: 5V, 12V, 18V, 21V and 24V
For more information, please refer to the data sheet for the SF-Y relay series.